Tuesday 3 February 2009

Lesson's In Life.

This morning I got up on the wrong side of the bed. Has it ever happened to you? For no particular reason I was cross with everybody. The sad part is, I know that it's no body's fault ,but still. I try to vent my anger at my daughter or husband and they stare at me because they are not aware that anything is wrong. My daughter asks me, " Are u angry with me Mamma?" I did not know what to answer her. Had I answered in the affirmative , I did not have a valid reason to give her. And she is not one to accept something without sound reasoning. So there, I was stuck.

Anyhow, I got through the morning and after the two had left home I sat down to analyse the situation. What was I so angry about? Funnily enough, I didn't really know. But I do not easily give up.So I sat down and combed every incident in the last few day's that could have triggered of this abominate behaviour. And guess what......I found the reason. It was a small insignificant incident. I was pretty much upset with my behaviour (with my family). That is anger, futile and misguided anger.

I realise now, how anger can ruin my life. This is a small incident but what if it blew into something big. Anger can disrupt and wash away all that u have been trying to build. Why do we not question before we say something hurtful to someone? Why do we take for granted the wonderful people in our lives?

I have learnt from my mistake. I now take care to keep my anger in check and not let the wrong people bear the brunt of it. They are the people I love and they deserve better than this.

1 comment:

  1. Really, not only u or me it is all of us that we take the wonderful person , who are the integral part of our life, for granted. And i too often shower anger on mistu, my ma and if not on them it's my hubby dear who has to face my bad state of mind.Will now definately take care but it's hard to check soon.

    ReplyDelete