Monday 2 February 2009

A Simple Life.

When I was in school ,we had a routine every Monday morning. It was called 'Thought of the Week.' In grade nine I came across this 'thought ' that has stuck with me all these years. It said, ' Success in life comes not from doing extraordinary things but in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well'. I have tried to live my life on this principle. Believe me, it's tougher than it sounds.

The toughest job in this respect I think, is in being a good and kind human being. I am not perfect and I don't claim to be so ,but I do really put in the effort to look beyond petty stuff. I think it comes with practice. The difficulty is in starting off and learning to look beyond the 'Self'. There is always someone out there who is worse off than you. So be happy or at least try to be happy with what u have. Have you ever tried giving without expecting anything in return?

I learnt Braille and volunteered my services to some visually impaired students. I made audio cassettes of their text books. This enabled them to hear their book repeatedly and do well in exams. I am glad that they did well and moved on in life. The whole experience was awesome. Be glad that you have all your faculties intact. People out there have to over come much more than you can ever imagine. Life is much more tough out there.

Meditation has helped me a lot. It gives me the strength to be grounded and to stay satisfied with life. It is a wonderful tool which can help you really see the world in a completely different perspective. Success will come to you naturally if you are one with yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment