Friday 30 January 2009

Self Worth--Worth Having.

A friend once asked me, "What do you value most in life?" "Life itself", probably would have been the right response. This is especially true in my case. People who have known me would understand why I would choose such a response. After giving it some thought I said,"My sense of self worth."

The reason I think , I chose self worth is because this is the value that has pushed me into evolving into a more confident human being. Having a sense of worth is paramount to any happy relationship. I am not talking about earning in materialistic terms. I am talking (well, in fact writing) about how happy and satisfied you are deep within. Do you need a pay-cheque at the end of a month to prove to yourself that you have self worth? Is there nothing else in your life you have to show for? Don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with earning (and you should if you have the potential )a good pay packet at the end of each month. But that alone does not equate with self worth. Money and materialistic gains will help you get there but it is not the only ingredient .

Self worth gave me the impetus to fight disease and get back to a normal life. It is a very prominent feature in all my day to day tasks. True , I don't need to earn my living but i provide my husband with the support that his career demands. And he appreciates that fact completely.My self worth pushes me to inculcate the same values in my daughter, though it is an up hill task. I never give up a fight that I believe in. Again this is my self worth asserting itself. For me self worth is about being a well rounded individual.

Writing this blog , for instance, has given me a platform to prove to myself that I can put words together to make an interesting read. I just learnt that my cousin( who has a three year old) has enrolled for higher studies. Now that is SELF WORTH. It will always push you to learn more ,experience more and live a fuller life.

5 comments:

  1. Very very true. Well-written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rinku di , you opened a new chapter of life infront on me once more.thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very well said and important point you've made and I could not agree with you more.

    Tutu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said rinku i totally agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rinku,
    Thanks for stopping by on my blog. I can see that you express your feelings very beautifully. Doing good, keep it up. I'll stay in touch with you.
    Thanks much

    ReplyDelete