Friday 9 January 2009

"Chicken Pakoras, anybody?"

The weekend's here and my family always expect something special. My daughter , this morning , before leaving for school , has asked for "chicken pakoras" in the evening. I know it's oily and not too healthy but I do give into her demands now and then. And anyway I am hoping she will back me up for some shopping (with her fathers credit card) on the weekend. You don't think I'm bribing her , do you?

This is a rather simple way to make mouthwatering crispy pakoras and it does not take too long either. So here goes:

I usually use boneless chicken as it cooks faster and is easier to eat . Cut the chicken into small cubes, not so small that it shrivels up after frying but into bite sized pecies, marinate with white vinegar, ginger garlic paste,one small onion (grated),green chillies,black pepper powder,corriander leaves and salt. Marinate for as long as possible but atleast for an hour. It's best if u marinate in the morning and cook in the evening.

Before frying you need to add an egg and cornflour to the chicken . Mix well with a spoon and deep fry in hot oil. It's a lovely treat on a cold wintry evening with cups of hot tea (and hot gossip?)

1 comment:

  1. hey thats an yummy recipe babes. I will defenitely try it out.

    ReplyDelete