Tuesday 27 January 2009

I like reading,what about you?

I am not a writer.I don't have a way with words.And I don't know how to make a story interesting. But I do read a lot. This has given me a wild imagination and I love to Plot (Did u notice the capital 'P'). Often when I am by myself, I go into my secret world ,the world of imagination. And there you will find me happily plotting away.

Actually we are a family of readers. My parents, my sister and me,we all read a lot.I have found it to be a fantastic reprieve from daily ,humdrum, mundane matters. Nothing pleases me more than curling up with a book (Especially thrillers). On bitterly cold days you would find me completely happy with a cup of tea and a book. No complaints there.I can read a book from cover to cover in one sitting. That rarely happens though.Usually, my daughter or my husband or the phone will disturb me. At these times ,a book-mark helps.(I hate dog earring books and am pretty bad at remembering numbers).

I love the library system in Leeds. You can pick 20 books per person for a period of 3 weeks . It's all computerised and there is no check out counter . You put the books under the scanner and the computer will generate a receipt with your card number and details. While returning the books,you do the same except that the receipt will say "Thank you for returning the books".

I am now reading Jeffery Deaver.I liked his style of writing. His book 'Twisted' is really good.

1 comment:

  1. though i am not a very good reader like u but i too love reading as for u the favourite ones are "thriller" , for me it is always travelling articles,stories and anything and everything related to it.

    ReplyDelete