Wednesday 21 January 2009

It's the little things in life that matter.

Have you ever tried to count the blessings in your life? Yesterday I did. The weather was gloomy and it had a similar effect on me. I was cribbing about the things I did not have when a thought struck me. What do I have that I can be happy about? So I sat down with paper and pencil and made a list.

Surprisingly it went on and on. I have so much to be grateful for. It made me see things with a new perspective. Like I had put on new glasses. The person in the mirror was the same but still looked different. We often forget (like I did) to look at the things we have. I am not talking big expensive materialistic possessions, but the small often overlooked blessings.

My parents have just moved into their new home. Thankfully everything has gone according to plan without any kind of casualty. I was worried sick because I was not there to help them. But family and friends pitched in to make this possible.
My husband is secure in his work place and has not been affected in any way in the present economic scenario.
All my family and friends enjoy good health and often when I call them I am so glad to hear them laugh and to be able laugh with them.
My daughter has settled down so well and so quick in this new country .She enjoys school and has many new friends.She is truly happy.

As i went to pick up my daughter after school yesterday , she came running out of her class , hugged me and presented me with a small crushed flower.
"Ma this is for you".
"Thank u , baby".
"I found it during play hour and kept it safely in my pocket for u".
What more can I say.I am blessed to have a little Angel in my life.

Last Saturday we had gone out shopping groceries, when hubby suddenly vanished leaving my daughter and me wondering where he had gone off to. After a good 15 minute wait I see him returning , his arms full of .....no not roses,but granola bar packets. There was this sheepish grin on his face that I shall always carry close to my heart.I love these bars, so noticing an offer on them he went out and purchased 10 packets. Each packet has 6 bars. That's 60 of them.
I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. i pray to god Genuinely ,to shower more and more happy days on you , reading this article left me with tears on my eyes and made me also feel very contended for what i am today and for what i have received from god till date.

    ReplyDelete